(rshsdepot) B-M. T.

Friends:
Although I recognize this may be a tad off topic, I wonder, since so many of our
folks are so incredibly knowledgeable regarding New York traction operations, if
one or more of you could answer the following question:
When (and for how many years if you know) did the BMT use the hyphenated version
of the name.  I. E., showing their name on signs and badges as
Brooklyn-Manhattan Transit.
Was it when they first bought out the BRT?  I saw a hat badge recently with
B-M.T., a number below that, and the word "Conductor" below the number.  I do
recall the very early usage of the hyphen but wonder if I could trouble any of
you good people to elaborate, and thank you in advance for your input and
trouble.
Cordially,
Seth.