RE: (rshsdepot) Canaan, CT

Yes, originally there were two wings, more or less symetric, at the
northeast corner of the junction of the old Central New England,
which ran east-west (now remains only as a spur to a limestone plant
in Canaan), and the Housatonic, which runs north-south.

The kids set the fire under a back porch of the wing that was on the
CNE, and that wing was totally demolished, as well as the tower where
the two wings joined.  The local fire department did a heroic job and
saved the other wing, which is the one you see in the picture.  It
has been blocked off while demo/construction continues, it looks from
the ground to be with chipboard, which I believe is intended to be
temporary.  There is a nice stone basement under the demolished part
that can be seen from the Housatonic RR tracks.

Geoff Brown
www.betweenthelakes.com

> A current view of the burned and now partially restored Canaan, CT
depot

       I assume that the part that was burned is to the left of the
picture,
and has been totally demolished, right?