(rshsdepot) Amtrak train terminates at "Long Island station"

This is an excerpt from a news article about today's blackout/outage (the one where I guess I remembered that neither the subway or the LIRR have their own power generation):

<Black said the blackout stranded one train between New York and New Haven. By early evening, the national passenger train service had dispatched a diesel-powered locomotive to move the train to a station in Long Island.>

Any further details on this?

[from: http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/news/6535627.htm with more on rail and air problems due to this blackout having to do with Philadelphia area]