From: Henry Rosenberg
To: fred fep
Sent: Friday, August 15, 2003 10:07 PM
Subject: dangerous tunnel

Shortly BEFORE nine eleven, I had one of my NPR  moments, sitting in my car in my bank parking lot too fascinated to get out of the car. The program was about how vulnerable the USA is to terrorism. And the most vulnerable spot in the whole Northeast was the Hudson River tunnels leading into and out of Penn Station. The emergency exits (once you get to the part of the tunnel that's under land, not water) consist of tight spiral staircases wide enough for ONE PERSON AT A TIME to ascend - while no rescuers can descend. So here's what I want to know. On BD (Blackout Day) were there any trains stuck in said tunnel and what happened to 'em? (Would you mind posting this if you think it's appropriate?)