(rshsdepot) RE: "Iowa Depots" Addition

To view or download the image(s), click on or cut and paste the following URL into your web browser:

http://www.Railfan.net/lists/listthumb.cgi?rshsdepot-08-18-03

CB_Q_Dubuque_1900.jpg (image/jpeg, 308794 bytes)
CB_Q_Dubuque_2001.jpg (image/jpeg, 369729 bytes)

As a follow-up and interesting comparison to the photos I sent of the newly reconstructed CB&Q depot in Dubuque, Iowa, here are two more images.  The first is a photo from about 1900, soon after it was built, and the second was taken about two years ago, while I was documenting the building.  As you will see, it was a drastic and (IMHO) unpleasant change, made in the 40's, I believe....   but of course, that was a time when many of our old buildings needed to be made "new" again.

Enjoy.

Angela Holm