Re: (rshsdepot) East Williston, NY

Sorry, it is just so outrageous..These guys are the custodians of a public trust and this has more to do with than just running the
trains on time. This was a landmark on public land....When they knocked down the Rockville Centre South Side station in was in a
backyard on private property, there is no landmark law in Nassau County, at least for such a building, so it is a private property
right to do whatever they want with their property...same with the loss of the WP Freight depot in San Jose, both these are also
crimes but at least it is public property..

The MTA and Long Island Railroad are owned by the government so it to me is a crime, one that dirty language doesn't even come close
to expressing my disgust for this...especially since it seems they announced it two days before it would be destroyed, very similar
to when they destroyed Atlantic Avenue LIRR terminal to make sure no one declared it a landmark...here it seems they know this is
not only an architecturally significant building but the oldest surviving station built by the Long Island Railroad...so this is a
crime far worse than silly cursing...This is a crime against culture, a crime against integrity and posterity...he building
outlasted how many generations in continuous use, I presume it is what "made" East Williston, millions probably passed
through...this shows how classless the management of the LIRR and MTA are, how clueless they are to the gravitus of the import of
that building...what will they do, replace it with their cookie cutter cute new station buildings....I will scream far worse if
Hewlett station, now 132 years old is destroyed, I don't trust them for a second to save or preserve it.....This was a crime because
on Long island this station is almost unique, no it is unique, maybe next they will destroy Farmingdale and Sea Cliff depots too,
why leave any uniqueness anymore on the railroad, in our community...It was announced so late that a letter to the NY Times shaming
them for this is now pointless.....

Yeah so sorry about the dirty language but what they are going to do in destroying the East Williston depot is far more vulgar, far
more filthy, far or disgusting and depraved....I see absolutely no redeeming value in this cowardly, moronic and stupid destructive
act....They should roast in hell for this....They will be dead someday and this structure could have survived for generations to
come and appreciate, what a bunch of jerks and shmucks (am I allowed to say schmuck?) Bush league that is what this is, a Philistine
bunch of nitwits, nincompoops and fools....I am not coming up with the correct word for my shock and venom over this...heads should
roll, no wonder they lose money they are just idiots who don't know anything valuable or worthwhile

There was no money in it for any administrator or politician to make in saving and helping save this building....What are they there
for anyway? Custodians of our cultural decay, a piece of our heritage will be eradicated and it doesn't matter that few will know or
care, a crime is a crime. Crap on them and their lives I say

If cursing bothers people who already know the words, so be it, this action of the LIRR is far more guttural and sick

Paul