(rshsdepot) Santa Claus is in Changchun, Ji lin Privince, Northeast China! (& Changchun Trams!, 186 mph trains, Changchun station, Changchun Subway)

Santa Claus is in the Jingyuetan National Forest Park in Changchun, Ji lin Province, Northeast China!

See big Santa here: http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/english/doc/2004-12/24/content_402837.htm

Changchun is an odd place for Santa:
http://www.city.sendai.jp/kikaku/kokusai/fdcitys/images/Changchun1.jpg

A map of Changchun, lots of tram lines I believe, and rail, lots of people:
http://tancheng.gov.cn/map/changchun.GIF
The city:
http://taamchai-hp.hp.infoseek.co.jp/cn-changchun%20map.html

Here we have the plat map for the Chang-chun Station area, a circular North Square out front, the Yamato Hotel; two diagonal roads
radiate from the circle, was this French influence?
The south Manchuria Railway station at Changchun:
http://www.sinomania.com/china_image_archive/photo_albums/china_1911-1925/manchuria1913_changchun3.jpg

Here is the Changchun Railway Station:
http://www.kiku.com/electric_samurai/virtual_china/image/changchun_01.jpg
at night: http://taamchai-hp.hp.infoseek.co.jp/cn/ch-station1.jpg

Directions?: http://www.geocities.co.jp/SilkRoad-Forest/3454/changchun/map.html

...A steam engine, in Xining, China currently! No where near Chngchun, but it's a steam locomotive still in use...:
http://www.kiku.com/electric_samurai/virtual_china/image/xining_05.jpg

Large size Pacifics, big steam locomotives in Changchun in 1984 and 1990:
http://freespace.virgin.net/rio.grande/cn/pics2/cc_pics1984.html

Other pictures of steam in Changchun from 1986:
http://www.pmphoto.btinternet.co.uk/world/china/vol1/chin12.html
http://www.pmphoto.btinternet.co.uk/world/china/vol1/chin13.html

186 mph trains produced by the Changchun Passenger Railway Car Plant:
http://www.china.org.cn/english/2054.htm

The Changchun tram page!:
http://www.gakei.com/cgq/trm.htm
http://taamchai-hp.hp.infoseek.co.jp/cn/ch-city6.jpg

So, these are streetcar lines in this map, the Lvyuan section of Changchun:
http://www.changchun.jl.cn/model_changchun/gailan/pic/lvyuan2.jpg

April, 1998. Either the old tram cars were replaced with the new ones or this was the end of the line:
http://park3.wakwak.com/~sub_c/city_all/city_62/62chch.html

They are building an LRT subway in Changchun (Does this mean the trams go?):
http://subwayfuture.nease.net/e/city/changchun.htm

http://sotrip.people.com.cn/images/upload/200305151630090.jilin_changchun.gif

Here is an interesting interactive page, click on Changchun on the map of China, or any other city, and view a slide show of the
city, in Changchun there is a sled, but it is pulled by dogs!....Santa must make do I guess.:
http://www.wtanet.org/eng/map/xian.html
http://www.wtanet.org/eng/map/changchun.html

The International Auto Show in Changchun:
http://www.chinareport.com.cn/00a/03-00-26.htm
http://auto.china.com/zh_cn/changchun-3/changchun1m.htm
http://www.chinacars.com/english/content/autoshows/73041.asp

Here we have a stamp. An overprinted Manchukuo (Japanese puppet) stamp, local overprint for Chang Chun, Manchuria 1945-1947 after
liberation and the end of the war:
http://www.kalnieciai.lt/zenius/asia/china/manchuria/local/a-h/changChun.jpg
An early airmail stamp, also Manchukuo stamp locally overprinted & surcharged in Chang Chun:
http://www3.mistral.co.uk/paper.heritage/articles/MLO'Chang-Chun.jpg

Changchun, population 6,837,900

Here is a 1913 map of Changchun:
http://www.sinomania.com/china_image_archive/photo_albums/china_1911-1925/manchuria1913_changchun.jpg

1913:
http://www.sinomania.com/china_image_archive/photo_albums/china_1911-1925/manchuria1913_changchun2.jpg

When in Changchun you can stay at the Shangri-la Hotel:
http://www.southtravels.com/asia/china/shangrilachangchun/

I don't think Santa lives in Changchun, he is only going to melt once winter is over.