(erielack) FROM ANOTHER LIST

WHY WASNT THIS MSG POSTED TO THE E-L LIST AS WELL
THIS IS FROM THE R+LHS LIST

From:  "Schuyler Larrabee"
Date:  Fri Nov 19, 2004  9:03 pm
Subject:  Disclosure statement.

Alt-ers:

I want to be clear about something here. As I've mentioned before,
I'm Chairman and President of a specific-railroad Society. We do
NOT
have regular popular elections by members. Our board is self-
perpetuating, and the turnover that occurs generally happens by a
resignation, or in certain cases, by request of the other board
members because of someone not pulling their weight. Some people on
this list are aware of this. There was recently an effort by
members to get us to change to a popular election format, with
assurances all around that undoubtedly "the existing board would be
re-elected since you're doing such a great job." However, the
survey that I've also mentioned showed (results are not completely
complete yet) that the simple majority of the members found this to
be not an issue, and that they'd prefer things to remain as they
are. So, if I come out in favor of popular elections for R&LHS (I'm
not sure about this) I will be seen by some as talking out of both
sides of my mouth. This is simply put on your screen as a full-
disclosure sort of statement.

And I reserve the right to have two, situational, opinions about
elections. SGL