RE: (erielack) Train symbols (was: Erie Lackawanna (2))

Paul's got a valid question here.  Can anyone confirm whether PN-98 was
cut back to Scranton during the 1974 timetable period or did it continue
later/until Conrail?  S(cranton)C(roxton)-8 would seem a more logical a
designation for the train.

When I was "hanging" around at WR [Kearny] from 1970-73 I recalled PN-98
always going through to Croxton during the week.

Now I can relax knowing I haven't lost my mind about this freight.
Pulled all kinds of info out last night and there it was in black and
white, PN-98 ending at Scranton [1974 ETT].  Even started a reply saying
I was wrong in my recollections and was ready to admit it was NY-74[?]
instead.

Henry Jarusik
New London, Pa

On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 10:32:24 -0500 , "Palmer, Brian"
<palmerb_@_toysrus.com> said:
> Here's a theory: In the latter years did this train consist of cars for
> RDG(Rupert) and PC(Northumberland) interchange? If so the train would
> have
> gone only as far east as Scranton on the main line as indicated in your
> time
> table.
>
> Brian

- --