Re: (erielack) Well, Well, Well!

Correct me if I'm mistaken but I believe I heard somewhere that the agreement
with University of Akron is in the latter part of it's existence with the
expiration date coming down the track.

I do not know the details of the agreement (common sense dictates that there
must be one), but if this is the case, is anyone considering what will be done
with the archives? Will they be able to remain in OH or will they have to be
removed? As was mentioned in another post, there are many costs involved in
maintaining archives.

If this is the case (renewal or relocation), how will this be handled
financially? I would imagine that it would take more than just contributions but
since I don't know the particulars, I'm just not certain.

In either case (renewal or relocation), when I first heard of this, my
immediate thought was "hey, how about writing a grant proposal." Will Shultz is
correct. There is plenty of money out there that is available for archival
purposes.

Will someone inform the list as to the status of the archives agreement? Or
by asking, is yet another can or worms being opened? I should hope not as that
is not my intention.

Rick Sedlisky
ELHS #3319