Re: (erielack) Well, Well, Well!

Frank,

Yes archives take money to start, catalog and maintain. Interestingly,
when I asked the Board if anyone had pursued a grant or grants to help
defray the costs of such activities, no one ever had. There are grant
monies available for such endeavors. In fact, the NKPH&TS of which I am
a real member of, recently received one for just such activities. I was
told that no one had. I believe the reply was no one had ever done so
because of a lack of experience with such matters. I don't know if
that's changed in the last 6 months, maybe one of the Board members on
the list who is also on the archive committee would fill in some of the
details.

Here's a thought for everyone that has contributed to or is considering
contributing to the archives (materials that is), there is nothing to
prevent the ELHS Board from saying tomorrow they want to disband the
ELHS and its assets. All they need do is file the paperwork with the
State of Pennsylvania and disburse the remaining assets to any other
nonprofit organization that is willing to accept them. There would be
nothing any "member" could do about it. I'm not suggesting that would
happen, just something to think about. Since the Board answers to no one
but themselves, the "membership" would have no say or way to prevent
such an action.

Regards,

Will Shultz