(erielack) RE: Old Photos!

Hey Paul,
  That looks like me standing way down the tracks in your photo, I have a video of this "Dirt" train I think. I recall these trains didn't really blast up the hill like EL freights, but they would creep along working the throttle with help from a pusher, usually a single GE also. EL freights without pushers hurled themselves through Little Falls, and then blasted up the hill in notch 8 and clouds of sand, till they reached this point. By this time they were slowing to a walk at full throttle!
  Has it really been 10 years? Ugh... no doubt, I too must be on the endangered species list! No matter, but I wonder how boring the NEW EL SD70MAC's in their "All Gray ~ Hazy Future" scheme (Ala the DL&W F unit experiment in the 50's) and light stack trains would have made this place as they sped east to the ((HUGE)) Croxton intermodel yard???? Of course I would be peering out the back window of new EL Police Ford Expedition at all of this as we pull away from Great ...because... I was standing too close to the tracks to get my digital photo :(

Todd (ELHS 1318)