RE: (erielack) Erie Wyoming Division

 <jnovak_@_novacell.com> wrote:

"The line runs from Gravity to Middle Valley on Middle
Creek.  It then runs through Paupack and down Middle Creek
southeast to Hawley.  I have very high resolution color
scans of clean copies of these maps, and for the entirety
of the EL."

In addition, you can go to the Terraserver site for
satellite photos at:

http://terraserver.microsoft.com/default.aspx

Enter Hawley, PA in the location boxes, and you can get
coordinated topo maps and orbital photos which you can zoom
in and out. It  is possible to follow  (mostly) the entire
line from Hawley to Scranton, since the roadbed is still
rather easily discernable from space (look for those broad
sweeping curves). Unfortunately the photo resolution is not
as high as the CIA's, so you can't zoom in on individual
buildings!
I happened to be doing this just last night. I did get lost
in the region just west of Wimmers, so in that area,
perhaps recent construction or foliage growth has hidden
things.

Vince Lee

=====
Modelling the Erie Wyoming Divison in Pennsylvania and
the Erie 28th Street Terminal in New York City

East and West Railfanning Photos:
http://www.eastwestrails.com/