Re: (erielack) [ELHS}How serious is the membership about making changes

Ben,

I think you've hit the nail on the head.  The younger members are
dissatisfied with the status quo...and the lack of responsiveness.  No
organization can hope to survive without the changes that come with new
generations.  I hope that the ELHS prognosis turns out to be good, but
major changes are necessary.  Otherwise, the prognosis may, indeed, be
terminal.

Chuck

                      Benton Bartlett
                      <b3j2c_@_citcom.net>
                      Sent by:              To:     erielack_@_railfan.net
                      erielack-owner_@_lists. cc:
                      railfan.net           Subject:
                                                    Re: (erielack)  [ELHS}How serious is the membership about making changes

                      12/14/2004 12:52 PM
                      Please respond to
                      Benton Bartlett

>Chris and ALL
>Well stated and I understood where you were going.
>
>To those of the Society Leadership - Irregardless of how you choose to
evaluate the survey results it would appear that there is unrest. There may
still be a minority speaking out for answers and change but I beleive the
numbers are growing and you should consider the rate of increase. If you do
not figure out how to solve the current situation, then one would conclude
that the long term prognosis for the current ELHS is TERMINAL. The youth is
speaking and they are not as patient as some of the members of older
generations. The other thing about the youth is they don't always have
enough experience to know what can't be done, so they usually can find a
way to get things done.
>I for one am trying figure out what is the issue with answering some of
the questions put forth by those that "pay the freight".
>Ex - Satisfied Subscriber
>Ben Bartlett
>

>At 09:58 PM 12/13/04 -0500, you wrote:
>>To all,
>>
>>Apperantly my last email didn't get my point across.  I DO FEEL changes
need
>>to be maid.  Did I not make clear that the society IS important to me?  I
want
>>elections for reasons that may be different than yours but I still want
>>elections.  Ask yourselves this: can you be 100% comited to the ELHS?
Can you make
>>every board meeting no matter what?  Do you really feel that YOU alone
can
>>make changes to the society with out the support of the membership?    Of
course
>>not no one can.
>>

>>So to all the members of the board I say this.  Allow changes to be made.
 If