From: erielack-owner_@_lists.railfan.net
[mailto:erielack-owner_@_lists.railfan.net] On Behalf Of Dad
Sent: Saturday, December 18, 2004 3:44 PM
To: Dlw1el2_@_aol.com; DLW1155@aol.com; erielack@lists.railfan.net
Subject: Re: (erielack) EARLY CHRISTMAS PRESENT

This is probly a reprint.........it came out a while ago and I got a copy
and foolishly sold it to a bookdealer. It's hard to believe that the Company
ran trains far below when u run over the visaduct. One of the old steam
engine guys told me there was a roundhouse on the West side of the viaduct
right where thre's a motel nowadays (or was) - things change rapidly & with
the advent of I-81, traffic left old rte 11. I recently ran a slide
presentation for the NRHS chapter here & forgot one of the slides was of #1
entering the viaduct from the South side & u can see the motel in the center
of the town far below. Meantime #1 stretches its' legs over the bridge in
little swirls of snow.
 Anybody like to go back?????????? - even with Sammy Miller as RFE in
Binghamton????????
Regards to all,
Walter E. Smith----- Original Message -----