RE: (erielack) Interesting EL stock question.

Stock certificates for dead companies are often traded on Ebay, mostly for their historic, nostaglic, or artistic value.  I have some old EL stock certificates that I got that way, as I presume do many other list members.

I don't believe there is any way to convert Erie Lackawanna stock certificates into N&W stock at this late date, although someone here may know better.  I suspect that the certificate your associate holds was in fact cancelled and reissued as either EL stock or something else somewhere along the line, and that the physical certificate was never physically surrendered so that it could be stamped, "cancelled".  That's happened to me for some live certificates that I've held in companies that were sold or merged...I just get stock certificates for the new company in the mail, and my old certificates, still in my possession under lock and key, merely cease to have intrinsic value.

Tim <njmidland_@_peoplepc.com> wrote:

>I received a note from someone who has an uncancelled stock certificate for 25 shares of Erie Lackawanna common stock dated June 18, 1966 from his parents.  Does it still have any value?  Didn't all of the EL stock eventually get converted in N&W stock?  Sometimes I know there is a time limit on these things.

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.