Re: (erielack) FW: Lackawanna Cutoff (fwd)

In a message dated 12/21/2004 9:39:30 AM Central Standard Time, plh_@_intac.com
writes:

However back in 98/99 NJT had its plate full with other projects(light rail,
secaucus transfer, montclair)-All of which are now done! Light Rail will be
done early in 05 to North Bergen. There are no other big projects on the table
right now(unless they continue the light rail up the Northern to Tenafly or on
the NYSW). However from what I'm hearing this will be a DMU railcar, and the
plans aren't finalized yet. The cutoff stands to get funds in the next few
years! still making it a 3-5 year project, so the 2010 figure might be forseeable.
But at least its moving along
Keith
When I lived in Stroudsburg, Pa in 1998/1999 they held meetings and
described how they were sure that the Cut Off would be back in service
by 2004.
They did not make that date.  Understanding the problems of design,
finance etc. I would be very surprised to see it before 2010 at the
earliest.
Pete