(erielack) [ELHS] Open Forum at the Eastern Region Spring Meeting?

Hi folks,

	This is an open letter to the ELHS Board, in an attempt to defuse a lot of the somewhat negative commentary going on as of late:

	I know there are many people who are on this list who weren't able to attend the Jamestown meeting to make their own personal statements on the matter (this author included). Since the position paper has been published in the Extra Board, there is no need to rehash the proposal, so would the Society object to setting aside some time at the Eastern Region Spring Meeting (where many Board members will be in attendance) to have a public airing of views in a civilized forum? I don't envision something like the Jamestown "debate" format, but rather a few minutes for members to make their positions and opinions known to others. This will give an opportunity for those who weren't able to attend Jamestown (and I know a lot of people holding opinions weren't able to make it) to express their feelings to the membership and the Board.

	Would there be any objection to this proposal?