Re: (erielack) AOL spam filters rejecting erielack list mail

- --- Hhaines_@_aol.com wrote:
> Having said that, the next thing they say is that there is nothing more
> they can do unless I upgrade.

Yes there is - bypass AOL mail altogether.

Set up a free non-AOL mailbox at Yahoo, Juno, Netscape, or Gmail (I can
send you an invitation for Gmail if you like) or other services.  You read
your mail on-line through a web page, still using AOL as your internet
access provider.

Yahoo mail has excellent spam filters, with a 'Bulk Mail' file so you get
a chance to look for filter errors - nothing is blocked, just sorted.
Yahoo puts over 99% of the spam into bulk and under 1/2 % of good mail
there.  I have no experience with Juno; Netscape doesn't filter and has
had some other issues, but I keep it as a backup account.  Gmail is the
new kid on the block; I have some of my lists sent there.

Yahoo provides 250Mb of storage, Gmail 1Gb.  Unless you send lots of
photos, videos, or music files you should have plenty of space, even if
you can't read your mail for two weeks.

=====
Gary R. Kazin
DL&W Milepost R35.7