Re:(erielack) More on the Southern Tier lease...

Tom -- I was responding to SGL's ". . .not even close . . . " comment, which I took to mean that Cooperstown ISN'T halfway between Binghamton and Albany while I know that it is.

And I insist on saying NEW Jersey, White River JUNCTION, and all other compounded names where omission can lead to confusion.  Go to Jersey Shore or Charleston and tell me where you end up -- beach or mountain?

I'm a stickler.

Randy Brown
Cooperstown is about 17 miles north of I 88. Get off at exit 17, go north on  NY 28, it'll take you right into town. But Schuyler is roughly correct in  his location.

Saratoga Springs is the correct name of that city; it has been, and is,  known on the D&H as Saratoga(as in "...then you get off at Saratoga for the  14th time...). It is actually about 30 miles north of Albany.

In any event, our boy McKenna doesn't seem to have any discernible  connection to the Southern Tier, or any part of the former EL.

Tom B(who has a whole book of maps, it's called an "atlas", and knows how to  use 'em; not to mention a fair amount of experience on the ground)