Re: (erielack) Erie in Nyack

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?pan=sw&ovi=1&mapdata=qNCyos1mfP7jSvvnK62tIpo4Yhs60AzGbbysoHK%2f2dJ7YgSG4AH8rZbcd5sP3U58c4aKPViPRd1Rt3nFyulUyVkGnSf5RWAd15nZB6FoZoZG5leYBwV3eQ2y8NTIa91FgDoITvA1Bm6pkXOCHw%2fZnfj4ixpnq%2f6GwJJsdvSQOGiVfXA5PM2OBiTzqZApwUf6DHU4PkCi2uhFkKeQmqlv6F0N1cC6zGjYnQtvcGR4lsExFzb3x7d4WxQyFdR1iWxKC5Mz7i6t2M7y4VxF3uQf6VXxtY7ilyE%2bVdTPSUVqF%2fvyCQgnUWTdd%2fGk81Va6c5rfLR1C99hidXiGE%2fzcWntGCyzDfR8wL%2bZ1B7csWkWAQmKft1Q93TSeIqAujm6SyP85cm5Sqg08Y%2ftQ9W%2fmDkexVYzKmKDLT9F

is the Mapquest page for Nyack.  Note DEPOT PLACE one block west of South
Broadway (US 9W) just below the center of the map.  This apparently went
to the station from the south.

http://terraserver.microsoft.com/image.aspx?T=1&S=10&Z=18&X=2953&Y=22746&W=1

is the Terraserver satellite view of Nyack at closest resolution.  The
building in the center is a shopping mall facing Main Street.  The station
was a block or two south of there.  Depot Place begins three blocks south
of the mall (scroll the map down).

Some years ago I found the right-of-way leading south from town.  IIRC, it
is on the east side of Franklin Street, one block west of Depot Place.  It
crosses the NY Thruway on its own bridges just east of the northbound
lanes of US 9W and continues south from there.  AFAIK it is a public
trail.

The depot is long gone, from what I've read, and I don't see anything that
looks 'train station' on the overhead view.

- --- Henry W Jarusik <hwjpa_@_fastem.com> wrote:
> When I go home I'll look at my Rockland map.  I can't remember the
> street names that you can follow thru essentially downtown Nyack.
> Unless its become completely built over in the last few years.
>
> Who of us [read as:ELHS] lives in the area/over there today?

> On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 16:18:49 EST, KSmollin_@_aol.com said:
> > Is there any evidence of the Erie row or any buildings left in Nyack?
> > Where exactly was the Erie station located in Nyack?
> > I followed the Northern branch north from Closter this afternoon but
> > lost it coming into Nyack..any thoughts?

=====
Gary R. Kazin
DL&W Milepost R35.7
Rockaway, New Jersey