Re: (erielack) grammar and spelling pet peeves

Olny srmat poelpe can.

   cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg.
The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at
Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a
wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be
in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed
it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey
lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas
tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

   if you can raed tihs psas it on !!

English lit. and get back to Erie Lackawanna trains!!

- -Joe Jordan

</smaller></fontfamily>At 04:56 PM 1/1/06 -0500, you wrote:

>Bob,

>I agree, too.  Perfection would be nice, but it's not all that important
in

>the grand scheme of things, particularly when it comes to spelling,
syntax,

>etc.  My concern is that not everybody takes the time to fully
understand

erielack_@_lists.railfan.net

>                                          cc:

>                      01/01/2006 04:48 PM         Re: (erielack) grammar
and spelling pet peeves

>                      Please respond to

>                      Dlw1el2

>In a message dated 1/1/2006 11:45:09 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,

>joebraun_@_optonline.net writes:

>Since  this is not a list for English lit or creative writing majors,

>would

>hope  that threads re grammar and spelling rules do not intimidate
anyone

>from  sharing valuable thoughts.  For me, the high valence of this
list

>centers on its many doors to bits of history and experience that my
tiny

>little world would never touch.  Correct English is my litmus  test

>reviewing

>a journal article but  not here where our common bond  is built on the

>three

>railroads towards which we all have such an affinity  and affection

>Joe or who every you are,( NO NAME AGAIN ) I would concur with  you
100%.

>Not everyone has the time to proof read everything they send out,

>especially

>short

>bits of info, or one paragraph emails that are just adding  or
correcting