(erielack) Marine equipment-previously Wine Cars

Will:

Some of us have a strong interest in the NYC marine operations.  Your description of the different types of equipment is helpful.

We have been looking for models and/or plans.  Two of us (SCL and myself) have located plans for an Erie ferry (+pictures) at the Hagley Museum and Library in Wilmington, DE.  Prior to leaving on a holiday trip from which I have just returned, I was on the net looking for information.

I found that Frenchman River Models has some new marine railroad in production or planned and wondered if they might be close to anything the Erie (EL) used.  One is a 2 Track Covered Station Float.  (Check it out at www.frenchmanriver.com/Frenchman%River/2track.htm)  They are also listing a 3 Track Car Float, Float Bridge, and Stick Lighter as future models, but no pictures to see what they might be.

Do you know if the Walthers RR barges and float bridge are close to anything that might be used to represent Erie/EL on model railroads?

Of course, for accuracy, there is the Overland brass model of the tug, Marion, if you can find and afford one.

An interesting site I found on prototype information is at www.worldshippingny.com/elferry.html

Another is at http://memory.loc.gov/cgi-bin/ampage?collid=pphhphoto&fileName=nj/nj0000/nj0057/photos/browse.db&action=browse&;

Tony Horn
ELHS #2