(erielack) Photo issue resolved

Hate to beat a dead horse, but it's apparently now OK to shoot trains and buildings along the former EL in New Jersey....

Proposed NJTransit photography ban scuttled

NEWARK, N.J. - NJTransit's proposed plan to require consent and/or notification prior to non-commercial photography on its commuter-train lines systemwide has been scrapped, according to NJTransit spokesman Dan Stessel, who said NJT Executive Director George D. Warrington concluded that the rule change would be impractical and withdrew the proposed amendment.

"Effective immediately, we will return to our historic practice, which enables hobbyists and other non-commercial photographers to take pictures in public areas throughout the NJTransit system without obtaining permission or providing prior notice," said Warrington. "There will also continue to be no restrictions on journalists in public areas of the system."