(erielack) Train Yard Symbols

Thanks, Walt. Do you mind answering a few more questions on this?
Was the ramp at BY one track or several, and how many cars could it (they)
hold?
Which symbol trains carried TOFC's for this ramp, and how many trailers did
the ramp handle approximately?
Is the photo in the Diamond at the west end of BY?

Paul B

BY was east binghamton, the TOFC ramp was just across the mainline from the
old BY tower. I spent many hours setting piggyback flats in & out there.
First of course, we'd have to take them all to the roundhouse turntable to
get them pointed do the trailers would be headed south for it was at the
south end of the siding that the ramp sat. You'd also have to sit until BY
could let u across both maintracks and tie up the WB main for ur headroom.
The yard at the beginning of the Syracuse Div'n was "YO". Hard to believe
it's gone now..........we had a round the clock engine there (3 shifts).
Regards,
Walt Smith