Re: (erielack) Phobe Snow fire in 1962?

I actually recall going to a fire in Chatham by the tracks in this
timeframe, but I don't recall any train being there...I would have been
about five at the time.  An entire piece of property was on fire and my
father stopped our car so that we could watch.  By the way, as far as I
know, the Phoebe Snow was always a morning train, so this would have been
something like The Twilight or whatever train was running in that time
period.

Chuck

                      David Goessling
                      <dgoessling_@_lucent.
                      com>                To:     erielack_@_lists.elhts.org
                      Sent by:            cc:
                      erielack-owner_@_list Subject:
                      s.elhts.org                 (erielack) Phobe Snow fire in 1962?

                      01/11/2006 09:33 AM
                      Please respond to
                      David Goessling

I was investigating self-publishing services for authors for a project
I'm working on and found this story in a book about Chatham, NJ on one
of them:

http://books.iuniverse.com/viewbooks.asp?isbn=0595355501&page=3
http://books.iuniverse.com/viewbooks.asp?isbn=0595355501&page=4

Note the bits about the steam line, and moving it to the K&E siding.

Anyone know any other details of this event? Any photos? What happened
to the baggage car?

dmg

- --
I n t e g r a t e d  I n f o r m a t i o n  S o l u t i o n s
         L u c e n t   T e c h n o l o g i e s
            YOUR FIRST STOP FOR INFORMATION
         VISIT US AT: http://infoview.lucent.com