From: "Tupaczewski, Paul R (Paul)" <paultup_@_lucent.com>
<erielack_@_lists.railfan.net>
Sent: Friday, January 13, 2006 12:52 PM
Subject: RE: (erielack) DL&W covered hoppers

> > Yes they look like a match, although RB trucks would need to
> > be substituted
> > (these were Erie's first RB cars), and I don't think they
> > were done in EL.
> > Paul, do you make a decal set for this car?
>

> There are other fundamental differences - the Erie cars (Greenville clones
of the P-S cars Athearn makes) have equally spaced roof hatches, while the
Athearn model has varied spacing on their hatches (easily rectified on an
undec model).  I have photos of at least three of these cars in EL paint,
but surprisingly, the vast majority lasted through EL with their Erie paint
intact (I have shots of many Erie-painted cars running into the early
1980s!)

> I have a decal set I finished for this car to allow a friend to paint and
letter his, but I want to add lettering for the Erie's single-bay Airslides
(just some changes to the reporting marks, really) and release it as an Erie
gray covered hopper set. (did the Erie have any other gray covered hoppers
besides these latter two classes?)