(erielack) Sterling Mine

I was looking at my atlas and noticed that at one time Erie had a short (4-5
mile) branch to Sterling Mine NY, just N of the NJ state line and coming off
the main just W of Ramapo. Does anyone know what was mined there and when
the branch was abandoned (presumably when the mine played out)? In the same
general vicinity, it's interesting that Moodna viaduct is only 5 miles (as
the crow flies) from the Hudson R and the West Shore line. Erie followed a
north-south alignment to that point, then the Graham line made a 90 deg turn
to the west.

Paul B

End of EL List Daily V3 #1895