Re: (erielack) Salamanca

Schuyler,

After reading the description, I knew that I had seen that image somewhere.

Mark Fischer's website on Western New York Railroads has two versions of
this photo posted.  The following is the URL for the hi-res version of the
image:
http://wnyrails.railfan.net/images/erie_sal_turntable_1971.jpg
Beware that it's 1.7MB, so it could take a while on a dial-up connection.

In the center-left portion of the image, is a Bantam crane loading a DL&W
side-dumper (appears to be DL&W 97075?) with debris.
I can't see any definitive evidence of a fire, in the ruins.  But, there's
lots of
really interesting detail in there. . .Perhaps the Bantam performed
the demolition as well?

Mark lists the date of the image as 1971.

(I hadn't realized that they were already removing roofwalks by '71.  I
thought
that that came several years later).

Regards,

John R.