Re: (erielack) EL Comet fleet

As one who runs this equipment on a regular basis I can attest to the fact
that the remaining C-1's are really showing their age. My current equipment is a
two-car outfit with new PL42AC 4009 and cabcar 5108. Both cars have annoying
door problems and the cabcar has poor heat in the Engineer's compartment and a
smelly toilet. There's also no soap dispenser or running water in the sink.
Due to the lack of disc brakes on the cars the train brakes extremely poorly
making my job that much more stressful. I've requested an anchor to throw out at
stations but the Mechanical Department hasn't found a suitable one as yet.

Al