Re: (erielack) EL Comet fleet

In a message dated 1/19/2006 2:51:08 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
paultup_@_optonline.net writes:

I was  told by a knowledgable lister that the non-rebuilt Comet I's (with the
lower  doors) were officially retired right before the New Year. The rebuilds
and cab  cars will last a little longer until critical mass is reached with
the new  cars.

<sigh> So modern and new when they arrived on the EL. And  to tell you the
truth, they really haven't "aged" in terms of looks. And they  did manage to
survive 35 years in service!

- -  Paul

I marvel at the 5100 ( the original  cab car ) every time I see it.  Your
right Paul, they marked the arrival of the modern ( long over due ) era on  the
EL. If ever there was a car ( coach ) that should be preserved, the 5100 ism
IT.  I hope someone, some how, gets this accomplished with NJT.

Bob Bahrs

End of EL List Daily V3 #1901