RE: (erielack) RPL's

The "sky blue" cars (EL 69275-69349) were 50' plug-door RBL's
(non-refrigerated but insulated), built in late 1974 by FGE for the EL.
There have been many stories about the car's color, but the most reasonably
accurate one I've heard is that they were painted for General Foods service
(the blue being GF's corporate color in those days). I also heard that the
BN bought a number of cars for the same service, but they weren't painted
blue.

The cars would often be destined to/from GF's plant in Clifton, NJ (on the
EL, surprise! ;)

Athearn had done a run of these cars fairly recently, and they were pretty
accurate to the prototype.

	- Paul