Re: (erielack) DL&W Place names

If memory serves, Denville, NJ has a sister city in France and the two
towns have some sort of ongoing exchange program.  But I don't know if the
French town is named Denville or not.

                      bob gillis
                      <robertgillis_@_veriz
                      on.net>             To:     erielack_@_lists.elhts.org
                      Sent by:            cc:
                      erielack-owner_@_list Subject:
                      s.elhts.org                 Re: (erielack) DL&W Place names

                      01/25/2006 03:20 PM
                      Please respond to
                      bob gillis

STEVEZ10_@_aol.com wrote:

>How about Denville?? Anyone know how this town got its name?? I do know
that
>there are many DAnville's, but there is only one DENVILLE in the entire
world!

According to Bridging the Years in Denville, legend has that one of the
early settlers of the area was a John Den  who had a log house near
where the present Den Brook entered the Rockaway river.  However there
is no mention of him in early histories of Morris County.

bob gillis