RE: (erielack) L&HR on EL mystery and a copyrighted picture

> Here's a question   .   .   .   if you purchase original
> Kodachrome slides (as I had done for many years of the EL and
> other Roads) that were copyrighted, do you then own the
> copyright since it is the original copyrighted image that was
> purchased?

I wish I knew the answer to this one. I always thought that if you own the
ORIGINAL of a slide, then that technically is your slide to do whatever you
want with. But now I hear that doesn't necessarily have to be the case
anymore on this. As I understand it, a copyright is implicitly created
whenever an individual creates a work, whether that's taking a photo,
writing a book, or developing a piece of computers software. They can sell
that "work", but it is still copyrighted by THEM.

Anyone know for sure?