(erielack) Lehigh Steam Movement, Syracuse Branch 1936

Anyone know the reasons for this?

102

June 11, 1936

11181:
13711:

Mr. J. N. Haines,
General Manager,
L. V. RR. Bethlehem, Pa.

Dear Sir:

      Acknowledge yours June 5, file 345.1 concerning your bill No. 55629
dated April 20, amount $1747.05, which includes a charge of $240.00 for
service of your engine 2093 on return movement from Syracuse to Binghamton
after handling your No. 9 over that territory.
      As I advised your office by telephone, I feel that a vary reasonable
allowance for the use of this engine, which was coupled into train with
another engine manned by a D L & W engine crew, would be 20 miles under the
Detour Agreement rate of $3.00 per miles, this being the distance of the
helper zone.
      On telephone authority from your office I have therefore, reduced
your bill accordingly and authorized voucher for $1567.05.

                  Yours truly,

2-G

Joshua
http://www.joshuakblay.com