RE: (erielack) 712 ABCD on a freight (2)

On Behalf Of Paul Brezicki

> I was trying to figure out if this train was climbing or
> descending

I can't decide either . . .

a couple of Erie
> shots at Canisteo NY in the 50's

That's crossed my mind too . . .

 Also sun angle can be
> tricky; the Delaware Div'n has so much curvature that
> depending on train direction and time of day the sun can be
> oriented almost anywhere.

True, I spent an hour last night looking at old USGS maps (which I like to do anyway) trying to
identfiy a location with a large lump in the background like in the photo.  I didn't find one
between Susquehanna and Port J.  All the hills look much larger than that hill.  I am VERY curious
about where this is.

SGL