Re: (erielack) Re: the West Shore; J.P. Morgan's yacht

Regarding peter Heimbach's post on J.P. Morgan's influence on PRR-NYC
competition, I wasn't aware of it.  I don't know much about Morgan, and
didn't know that he was concerned with railroads.  But it certainly makes
sence.
Another funny story about financiers, which most people on the list know,
is how Commodore Vanderbilt tried to get control of the Erie by buying its
stock; and how Jay Gould thwarted him by printing stock certificates full
time.
Philip