Re: (erielack) Duplexes, Triplexes, Articulateds and so on -- OT?

The Beyer-Garratt locomotive was invented in 1907 per wikipedia at:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garratt.  Read the parts o advantages and
disadvantages.

I think the main advantages of low axle loading and flexibility were not
required in the USA and the two full pressure flexible steam pipes and
no compounding offset any advantages.

Adn of course when they bcame popular elsewwhere, in the USA "they
weren't invented here".

bob gillis