From: bob gillis <robertgillis_@_verizon.net>
Sent: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 07:45:58 -0400
Subject: Re: (erielack) Duplexes, Triplexes, Articulateds and so on -- OT?

The Beyer-Garratt locomotive was invented in 1907 per wikipedia at: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garratt. Read the parts o advantages and disadvantages.

I think the main advantages of low axle loading and flexibility were not required in the USA and the two full pressure flexible steam pipes and no compounding offset any advantages.

Adn of course when they bcame popular elsewwhere, in the USA "they weren't invented here".

bob gillis