RE: RE: (erielack) RE: 3168 unusual move

Yeah, I know all that Randy.  But the vast majority of those replacement tenders which were the
reason for those stupid 0-8-0 Baldwin builder's photos, you know, the 0-8-0s with Berkshire tenders,
those tenders for the most part went to S1s and some S2s, which came with smaller tenders.  Most of
the S3s kept their tenders for their entire life.  It >IS< unusual to see an S3 tender on some other
class of locomotive.  Generally, you'd see a S1 or maybe an S2 tender on other classes such as the
N3 in the photo.

I'm inclined to think that this shot must be toward the end of steam, but it has to be before
October 1950, when 3168 was sold for scrap.

SGL