(erielack) Ron Durkarm photos > Hoboken Terminal, etc.

I had a few minutes and was looking at some of these.

First, just a big thank you for posting all these great photos. It's a
bit overwhelming at times, there are so many, and so many cool things to
look at. I'm not a big roster-shot guy, rather iIlike to look at what
many may consider peripheral details, to get the flavor of the time.
So, a few questions:

http://dukarm.railfan.net/p.cgi?Hoboken_Ferry_Terminal_7-66_Andrews.jpg

Sam Sloan is still in the plaza, looking southwest. I like him where he
is now, looking  northwest, surveying the Erie empire. What are those
mail trailers doing over there? Was there a sorting facility in there at
one time? Is that Barclay Street Ferries sign still there? If  not, what
happened to it? Scrapped?

http://dukarm.railfan.net/p.cgi?Hoboken_Terminal_7-66_Andrews.jpg

Contrast this grim shot of the interior of Hoboken Terminal with the
vibrant place it is today. What a difference uncovering the Tiffany
ceiling made! And getting rid of those lockers and other junk. The
locomotive model is still up on the wall above the men's room.

http://dukarm.railfan.net/p.cgi?x_Erie_537_Hillsdale_NJ_9-31.jpg
Now that is one beautiful locomotive! Not Harvey Springstead's 970, but
another well known engineer? What are those conductors doing over there
on the left? Armstrong turntable?

Again, thanks for posting all these great photos!

dmg

- --

I n t e g r a t e d  I n f o r m a t i o n  S o l u t i o n s
         L u c e n t   T e c h n o l o g i e s
            YOUR FIRST STOP FOR INFORMATION
         VISIT US AT: http://infoview.lucent.com