RE: (erielack) New photos on website Aug 14th - LOCATIONS, PEOPLE ?

"Tupaczewski, Paul R (Paul)" <paultup_@_lucent.com> wrote:    >>Bob,

>>My stupid question of the day...why are the front/rear(?) doors to the MUs
>>open? It doesn't appear to be an unusually warm day.
>
>Don't know. No particular reason. Maybe a cut was made and no one closed up after?
>
> Bob

My guess is that it was to keep any mustiness out of the cars. Remember, by this point they were 40 years old, and it's nice to air out the old beauties every so often. :)

More likely someone was just too lazy to close the doors behind them. Look around any yard and you will see equipment with open windows or doors due to no one wanting to put the effort into closing them behind them.
  Bob Stafford