Re: (erielack) Scranton, was: Railroads "That Should Never..." A&GW

Jim Guthrie says:  "Actually, when NJT re-electrified the M&E and service
was disrupted, Lakeland seized the opportunity to steal the passenger
volume away."
One of my bosses used complain about when Lakeland buses pulled right into
Denville station, to pick up passengers, waiting for the trains.  He said
the loss in revenue caused Conrail to close the station
On the other hand, when there's a service disruption, guess whose buses NJT
is likely to bring in to my station;  Lakeland's.
Philip Martin