RE: (erielack) Re: EL & Erie 50' double door boxcars

>   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>     The American La France plant was located in Elmira NY,
> here's a classic postcard image that shows plenty of railroad
> trackage. But I am pretty sure the Erie (EL) did not directly
> serve the fire Truck manufacturer. My guess it was the
> Pennsy. I heard PRR even had a flatcar dedicated to the
> service. I wonder how many firetrucks were delivered by
> Boxcar after lets say, 1930?
>     The EL Color Guide has a photo of two MACK pumpers being
> delivered on an EL flatcar in the 70's, that load originated
> out of Allentown Pa. off the LV (CNJ) I imagine.
>
>   Todd ~

No reason to assume that, Todd.  ERIE and PRR interchanged in Elmira, and American LaFrance was
undoubtedly a savvy shipper.  They may very well have specified that the load be interchanged in
Elmira, so as to take a more direct route to its destination.  And before a bunch of you jump on
that statement, yes, I know that the route had to be published as a tariff with the ICC, but I see
no reason to assume that the ERIE would not have done so.

SGL