From: erielack-owner_@_lists.elhts.org [mailto:erielack-owner@lists.elhts.org]
On Behalf Of Njricky2_@_aol.com
Sent: Sunday, August 27, 2006 4:34 AM
To: erielack_@_lists.elhts.org
Subject: (erielack) The Station Agent

Got home very late after a very nice evening of good NYC jazz. I turned on
the TV to find this move in midstream on the Independent Film Channel
(IFC).

I don't know if you have this channel but the movie, "The Station Agent"
was
on and I watched. It's basically about three people going through their
lives but they all revolve around a depot, which looks like it's in
northwest  NJ.

Bottom line is that everything seems to come back to the railroad and  the
abandoned depot that looks very much DL&W.

There are a number of shots of a passenger car that a young girl enjoys.
Perhaps some one can shed some light on the car's history.

The taller actor is the guy who played the partner of Will on "Will &
Grace". In that show he portrayed an NYC cop. In this movie, he's Hispanic
and
operates a food truck with a Puerto Rican flag on the side.

One of the best scenes is when the Susquehanna's double team in their black

and yellow rolls through and he drives the truck in the real train chase. He

loves the trains, thus he follows until his truck can't keep up with the
Susquehanna's bumble bees.

If you have IFC you know that sometimes the language is not for the kids
and
this movie, as emotional as it is, is not for the younger ones.

If anyone knows more about this movie, if it was filmed in northwest NJ,
I'd
sure appreciate you sharing what you know.

It's one of those movies that apparently "never made it to mainstream" but
the railroad content is very good. I enjoyed the scenes where they walk the

tracks, especially the scene where they're on the one track and you can see
that
 it was once double tracked. Very good shots of what Erie Lackawanna was in

northwest NJ if it was filmed there.

Just wanted to share what I found to be a real interesting film.

Rick