Re: (erielack) [passconsist] cars used as dormitory

  Come on Tim, no guts no glory. Having been on a
deadhead trip where the Hotel did not understand the
meaning of the word "reservation". We stacked all the
tables from the lounge car up and slept on the floor.
It was a god awfull night. I can't imagine having to
do that on top of a table. But, yes, I know they did
it.

 I was under the assumption that Huntington, IN and
Marion, Oh were perishable restocking points on the
Erie for thru trains. I have pictures of  passenger
trains coming into both stations with baggage carts
stacked with food waiting to be loaded. Does anybody
know was this common practice at these points or a
fluke that it just happened to be captured on film?

  Both shots are early-mid fifties.

Rich Y