Re: (erielack) [passconsist] cars used as dormitory

In a message dated 8/29/2006 11:33:28 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
ryoungceo_@_yahoo.com writes:

I was  under the assumption that Huntington, IN and
Marion, Oh were perishable  restocking points on the
Erie for thru trains.

I don't recall any stocking points other than Hoboken but do recall the
Conductor handing off notes at Greenville Station from the Dining Car  Porter
saying:  "Need 10 dozen eggs, 6 loaves of bread and four gallons of  milk at
Youngstown"

Those type messages were usually when trains were running quite late or
during periods of heavy travel, such as pre-Thanksgiving, etc.  I don't  recall
how the order was handled at Youngstown but think perhaps a baggage  handler
would run to the local A&P (few blocks away at that time) and use  ticket counter
cash.

SMT