(erielack) Re: Erie Bell

  Rob Piecuch Wrote:
Would any one out there have any information on the Erie Bell, the locomotive bell that the Erie donated to either Elmira or to the schools here. Two of the high school football teams compete each year for the Erie bell,

  Rob (And list)
    That's interesting, I heard for many years (Since the early 50's) two High School teams here in New Jersey would also compete for a former Erie Railroad bell. The winning football team in the Clifton vs Passaic High School rivalry would take home the Erie Bell that was donated by the Railroad. Somewhere I have an old newspaper article that has an interesting story about it.  I wonder, do these two teams still compete for the Bell?
    As a side note there's still one sitting in a storage room in my Firehouse. From what I can tell It's off an Erie 0-6-0 number 236, we rescued it from the basemant of town hall here in West Paterson about 10 years ago!

  Todd ~