RE: (erielack) Martins Creek plant closing

> Well I just heard that tomorrow the Martins Creek power plant
> will be closing its two coal burning furnaces forever! A big
> victory for the tree  hugging environmentalists... :-(

A movement started by the DL&W more than a hundred years ago with clean-burning, no-smoke anthracite (not to mention the DL&Ws enthusiasm for the city beautiful movement and the like, of course).

I'm not sure who one would want to be hostile to the historic DL&W with such a statement.

And of course it's easier to pass higher eelctrical rates on to consumers as oil prices soar than to address environmental concerns on dirty coal -- after all, the price of oil won;t quadruple in the next quarter -- only over the next 24 quarters and who knows who'll be in charge to take the heat then.

Cheers,
Jim