Re: (erielack) New Erie and DL&W HO Models

Been away for a long weekend and just getting caught up on email.

 The Walthers cars are going to be totally incorrect.  Erie never had
50' (ex- troop sleeper) express cars!!!  Lackawanna did of course, but
they weren't lettered that way.  LACKAWANNA lettering was stretched out
to the right of the door in the gray field above the maroon stripe.
Lower left of the door was D.L.& W. and the number.  Lower right of
the door said EXPRESS CAR.

Mike Oravec

tonyhorn1_@_comcast.net wrote:

  Did the Erie actually have these?  I know the Erie had "unconverted" versions used in work train service (I have pictures of some that I took at the Bloomsburg, PA station in 1970 still in Erie lettering).  I thought the EL storage versions were of Lackawanna heritage.

Tony Horn
ELHS#2

 From: "William E. Botkin" <webotkin_@_ecentral.com>

    Folks,

Walthers announced their Express Box Troop Sleeper Conversion in both Erie and
DL&W for "Winter 2007" delivery. The catalog numbers are as follows-

Single cars:

932-4158 Erie
http://www.walthers.com/exec/productinfo/932-4158
932-4159 DL&W